Attorney Steve Williams
Steve Williams focuses his practice primarily in the area of Criminal Defense, including assisting clients in restoring their civil rights following a criminal conviction. He is a former prosecutor with the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office and has a vast array of courtroom experience ranging from one day bench trials (before a judge) for misdemeanor offenses to multi-week long felony jury trials for offenses as serious as First Degree Murder. He has handled high profile cases that have garnered local, statewide and even national news. Steve was invited to and appeared on the set of Good Morning America for one of these high profile cases. Steve is a part-time Pro Tem Superior Court Judge in Apache County and in 2015 was named to the National Trial Lawyers list of the Top 100 Lawyers.
Steve grew up primarily in Northern California where he twice earned all-state wrestling honors. He later wrestled for both the U.S. Naval Academy Preparatory School, as well as Arizona State University where he was a Maroon & Gold Scholar Athlete. He and his wife have four terrific children.
- Arizona State University College of Law, JD (2004)
- Arizona State University, BS Cum Laude, Maroon & Gold Scholar Athlete (Men's Wrestling Team)
- State Bar of Arizona, Member (admitted 2005)
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers (2015)
- Navajo County Board of Supervisors (2015 - present)
- Arizona Criminal Justice Commission (appointed by the Governor; 2017 - present)
- Williams Law (2012 - present)
- Apache County Superior Court Judge, Pro Tempore (2016 - present)
- Riggs, Ellsworth & Porter, Attorney
- Maricopa County Attorney's Office
- Arizona Legislature, House Rules Committee, Extern
- Honorable Susan R Bolton, U.S. District Court of Arizona, Extern
- U.S. Naval Reserves, Active Duty, Honorable Discharge